Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Ice is Nice

All of you experienced the excitement of the snow on Shabbat. At school on Monday we enjoyed the aftermath. The interest in the snow was universal but the perspectives varied.
 


"Look at the ice!" Moshe called excitedly. He held it out. "I want to take it home."
"How will you take it home?" asked Naomi.
"In my pockets!" he replied.
"Moshe, what do you think will happen if you put it in your pockets?" I asked. 
"My pockets will get cold," he replied logically. I tried to explain how ice is frozen water, but they were not interested in my point.


 Yehuda wanted to test the ice in another way. He decided to see what would happen if he crushed the ice. He enjoyed bashing them on a tree stump.
"You are making ice sparkles!" announced Ava eagerly observing his progress.
 Elazar worked on different scientific observations. He found different objects frozen in the ice. He marveled at the frozen rocks, wood chips, and dirt he found around the playground.

Everyone enjoyed the ice - for a little while.  Thankfully Moshe had not stored ice in his pockets because he quickly needed a warm place for his hands. 


No comments:

Post a Comment